Dumpster Rental FAQ’s
What can roll off dumpster be used for?
Most uses for roll off dumpsters are construction projects clean out your house. Some examples:
- basement, garage, house, attic
- spring cleaning
- yard waste removal
- moving- so getting rid of house items.
- kitchen and bath remodeling
- roofing projects
- replacing windows
- commercial construction
What are the common dumpster sizes and which size should I rent?
Dumpsters are measured by the number of cubic yards a container will hold, a 20 yard dumpster will hold 20 yards of waste. Most common dumpster sizes are 10 yard, 20yard, 30yard, and 40yard.
Estimating the amount of debris a project will generate can be tricky, it’s usually best to just give us a call and we can help you estimate the best size for your project. Also, here is a page were we have provided more in depth information on estimating dumpster sizes.
What things impact how much it will cost to rent a dumpster?
The two things that have the biggest impact on the cost of renting a dumpster in Michigan are where you are located and how much debris you need to have removed.
Your location will have a significant impact on the cost of renting a dumpster as each landfill and city municipality will have different fees and taxes associated with disposing of the contents of a roll off dumpster, the difference can be 100 to 300% from city to city.
The amount and type of debris you will be disposing of will also have a big impact on the cost. Simply the more material and the heavier it is the more it’s going to cost.
How do I get different price quotes for dumpsters?
Most dumpster rental companies charge a flat fee for specific sized dumpster, a specific number of days, and for a certain amount of weight. For an example, you would receive a bid of $419 for a 30 yard dumpster, for 14 days, and not to exceed the ton limit per container..
However, some dumpster companies may have additional fees for, delivery, landfill costs, fuel charges, etc. So make sure when are quoted a price it is a flat fee for a specific size, time, and weight. Then comparing prices will be very straight forward.
Even with flat fee pricing extra charges may apply if you need to dumpster longer then the scheduled rental period. There is usually a daily fee for extending the rental period that is typically between $5 and $20 per day.
Additionally, if you exceeded to stated weight limit there will be additional fees. Each dumpster is weighed at the landfill or transfer station and the dumpster service pays a fee to dispose of the dumpster. If the dumpster exceeds the agreed upon tonnage there will be an additional weight fee that typically ranges from $30 to $90 per ton over the weight limit, depending on the local landfill fees and taxes.
What are the best steps to rent a dumpster?
Renting a dumpster should be simple and easy if your dealing with a dumpster rental company that is committed to providing straight forward pricing and a high level of customer service. Here are 4 steps that should make the process a simple a possible:
- call one or more dumpster rental companies to inquire about pricing and availability. Be sure to confirm that the quoted rate is all inclusive for the stated time period, dumpster size, and weight limit.
- when your done loading the dumpster, call the company and let them know you are ready for pick up. They should pick up canister within 24 hours.
- schedule a delivery date and provide any specific details about where you would like to have the dumpster placed on site. It is best to schedule as far in advance as possible, especially during the summer months.
- take into consideration the amount of debris y need to dispose of, if not sure, tell the dumpster rental company when you call so they can assist you in picking the right sized roll off container.